Payment options

Wannon Water issues customers an account every three months and requires payment within 28 days.

Tenants Liable for Water Charges

If you are a residential tenant, your water account will reflect only the cost of your water usage.

Under the Water Act the property owner is responsible for notifying Wannon Water of an occupying tenant with a minimum of two working days’ notice required to be provided. Wannon Water will accept notifications from the owner, agent or tenant using the “Tenancy Notification” form available from our Moving webpage. However, in the absence of Wannon Water being advised of an occupying tenant, the property owner will remain liable for water usage charges. Tenants remain responsible for providing Wannon Water with a minimum of two working days’ notice when vacating a property.

Back to top

Payment Options

  • Direct Debit
    Wannon Water can debit payments directly from your nominated cheque or saving account. To register for this service, please complete the Direct Debit online form.

    Please refer to the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement for a list of your rights and obligations when entering into a direct debit arrangement. 
  • Centrepay
    Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions to be taken off your water account from your Centrelink payment. Simply Contact us or Centrelink to make these arrangements. 
  • Post Office 
    Simply present your account at any Australian Post office and pay the desired amount. Australia Post accept cash, EFTPOS and major credit cards.  
  • Internet 
    To pay your bills over the internet, please visit the Australia Post website or by using your financial institutions BPay facility.
  • Telephone 
    Pay by telephone through Post Bill Pay on 131 816 or through your financial institution's BPay facility using a credit card, cheque or savings account. 
  • Mail 
    Detach the payment slip from your account and return it together with your cheque, made payable to:

Wannon Water,
PO Box 1158,
Warrnambool, 3280

Please note that receipts will not be issued for payments made by mail.

Back to top


If payment is not received by the specified due date on your account, Wannon Water will commence action to recover the amount outstanding. Collection or legal costs will be incurred and your water supply may be restricted. Interest will accrue on overdue account balances.

Back to top